CIA's Pompeo says no 'imminent' threat of nuclear war

CIA Director Mike Pompeo says nuclear war with North Korea is not 'imminent'

Pompeo: North Korea Moving Toward Ability to Hit US With Nuclear Strike at 'Alarming Rate'

A "denuclearized North Korea" is ideal, but it is not "in the cards" because nuclear weapons are North Korea's "ticket to survival" and they are not "going to give it up", former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday.

President Donald Trump has offered fiery warnings for North Korea, saying that the USA military was "locked and loaded".

"When I served in Korea many years ago as the director of intelligence USA forces in Korea, what I was anxious about was an incendiary event getting out of hand", Clapper added.

Meanwhile, North Korea said on Saturday that almost 3.5 million workers, party members and soldiers volunteered to join or rejoin its army to resist new U.N. sanctions and to fight against the United States in the current geopolitical tension between Pyongyang and Washington.

"I've seen no intelligence to indicate we're in that place today", Pompeo said. "It is probably fair to say they are moving toward that at an ever-alarming rate", he said when asked whether North Korea has nuclear weapons capable of hitting the U.S.

Trump warned last week that North Korea would be met with "fire and fury" if it continued to threaten his country.

Amazon recalls solar glasses
Eclipse viewing glasses also will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis on the library plaza, the news release said. However, not all of the glasses found on the site are safe to use, with some vendors selling counterfeit or unsafe versions.

North Korea, for its part, threatened to shoot four missiles towards the island of Guam, a strategic outpost of the u.s. forces in the Pacific, where are stationed about 6,000 american soldiers.

He added, "That's exactly the policy of the Trump administration".

"I am quite confident that (North Korean leader Kim Jong Un) will continue to try to develop his missile program, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was another missile test". They have already done two in July, has also advanced Mike Pompeo, in reference to the two test-firing of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) carried out by the regime in July.

"Our response is we are prepared militarily to deal with this if necessary".

President Trump wrote on Twitter on Friday that U.S. "But the objective of capable, ready forces is to preserve peace and prevent war".

Latest News