Fox News host Eric Bolling suspended amid investigation

Eric Bolling Suspended From Fox News Pending Investigation ResultsMore

Eric Bolling Suspended From Fox News Pending Investigation ResultsMore

Former Fox News chairman, the late Roger Ailes, stepped down past year after being successfully sued for sexual harassment by former host Gretchen Carlson.

Bolling is the best-known personality on The Fox News Specialists, which airs on weekdays.

That's likely one of the reasons why Bolling was suspended "pending the results of an investigation", as Fox's statement on Saturday put it.

This comes after a Huffington Post report disclosed allegations that Bolling had sent lewd messages to colleagues via smartphone.

Fox News suspended Eric Bolling, a longtime host at the network, on Saturday pending an investigation into reports that he sent lewd photographs to three female colleagues via text message.

One of them said she replied to the married father-of-one and told him to never send her photos again, but he didn't respond. However, the sources insisted on anonymity, because they still work at the network, or are afraid of breaking confidentiality agreements.

Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich and his wife separate
In 2003, he bought the Chelsea Football Club and, according to the Daily Mail, has invested over ·3 bln (around $4 bln) in it. Abramovich and Zhukova have a son (Aaron Alexander) and a daughter (Leah Lou).

Bolling himself tweeted Monday morning, "Overwhelmed by all the support I have received". Ailes resigned in July previous year, after Gretchen Carlson, a former host at Fox News, filed a sexual harassment claim against him. The pages now list his co-hosts, Kat Timpf and Eboni Williams. Rotating substitute hosts will be in place on "The Specialists" (weekdays/5 p.m.) and "Cashin In" (Saturdays at 11:30 a, m).

In the post-Roger Ailes era, Fox News' parent company, 21st Century Fox, has tried to show that it is taking problems inside the network seriously.

Mr O'Reilly, once described as "the biggest star in the 20 year history at Fox News", was forced to leave the network in April after The New York Times investigation revealed $13m had been spent to settle five sexual harassment lawsuits against him.

Remarkably, Bolling is not the only Fox host that is sitting on the proverbial bench right now. Suzanne Scott, president of programming for Fox News, said then: "Eric has cultivated a strong fan base and has become a staple to the Fox News brand".

Both men had denied the allegations.

A version of this story first appeared in our nightly "Reliable Sources" newsletter.

Latest News