Parents of toddler reported missing after late-night punishment uncooperative

Man Climbs on School Bus During Road Rage Incident

Man Climbs on School Bus During Road Rage Incident

She had been sent outside at 3 punishment for not drinking her milk.

Mathews did not alert the police until five hours later and authorities arrested him Saturday on the charge of damaging and endangering a child. Attorney Kent Starr told reporters the parents have two attorneys to avoid any potential conflict of interest. After looking around for her, he said he then went inside to do laundry and chose to wait until morning to continue searching or for her to return on her own.

Wesley Mathews, 37, punished his 3-year-old daughter Sherin Mathews after she refused to drink her milk by making her stand outside early Saturday morning, reported Fox News.

He left her there for 15 minutes but when he returned to check on his daughter, she was nowhere to be found, Buzzfeed reported.

"Why was the last sighting at 3 o'clock and the parents not call us until after 8 a.m". "That's the question we want answered as well", police Sergeant Kevin Perlich told NBC5.

"We are expanding our investigation to go out further from the home, trying to get some type of a lead on the vehicles or anything", Perlich said.

The mother had not been charged with a crime. He said the delay in reporting the matter "is certainly concerning to us".

Carroll sets sights on England recall
I've done pre-season with Gladbach, I feel good and ready, I'm just waiting for my opportunity. If it was anyone else keeping in that situation, nobody would say it was a penalty.

As a result of the girl's disappearance, Child Protective Services also removed a 4-year-old child from Mathews home, and a spokeswoman said the agency they've dealt with the family before but didn't go into specifics.

The search for the girl has expanded beyond the neighborhood and police are contacting sex offenders and businesses in the area that could potentially have useful surveillance video.

As of Wednesday October 11th, police say the Mathews family is no longer cooperating with them.

Sherin is described as 3-feet tall and 22 pounds with black hair.

KXAS reports the toddler has "developmental issues and has limited verbal communication skills".

The Mathews family adopted Sherin 2 years ago from an Indian orphanage.

Wesley told investigators that it wasn't unusual for the girl to wake up in the middle of the night to eat something so that her weight would increase. Investigators are also now reviewing footage from surveillance cameras, cellphones and laptops to try to determine the whereabouts of the child. They were doing feedings throughout the day and night. "The parents are believers in Christ".

Latest News