The WHO suggested the vaccine be used only among people who have had dengue infection before.
The World Health Organisation said on Tuesday it supported the decision by the Philippines to suspend vaccinations with Dengvaxia until more information was available.
The Philippine Department of Health put on hold its 3.5 billion peso ($69.5 million) public dengue immunisation drive launched past year - the world's first such public programme - after the study was released last week.
Health Assistant Secretary and infectious disease specialist Lyndon Lee Suy said they will continuously monitor the condition of Filipino recipients who already received doses of the vaccine.
In a statement, Sanofi said the long-term safety evaluation of the vaccines showed significantly fewer hospitalizations due to dengue in vaccinated people over nine years old compared with those who had not been vaccinated.
Ayodhya hearing to begin in Supreme court from today
The Supreme Court rejected Sunni Waqf Board's plea to hear the Ayodhya dispute case after 2019 Lok Sabha elections. The Hindus, however, claim that a Ram temple that originally stood there was demolished to construct the mosque.
To allay the fears of the public, Malacañang on Monday reminded the public to not panic over the government's dengue vaccination program, saying the Department of Justice (DOJ) will start an inquiry on the purchase of the drug.
Brazilian health regulator Anvisa, in an emailed statement to Reuters, said it had not received any reports of vaccine recipients dying or falling more severely ill because of the drug.
Sanofi, whose shares rose 0.4 percent in Paris on Monday, explained its "new findings" of increased risk at a news conference in Manila.
On the impact of issues surrounding the vaccine in Brazil and the Philippines, the spokesperson said, "Sanofi Pasteur has taken action to transparently share this new data with the health authorities in the countries where the vaccine is in use today or where it is now being considered for regulatory approval".
Dengue is a mosquito-borne tropical disease that kills about 20,000 people a year and infects hundreds of millions.
Sanofi's announcement late Friday that it would shutter its C. difficile vaccine program closed a damaging week for the pharma.