Mr Choubey is in the Kolkata for official meetings with several health institutions, besides state ministers. "There is nothing to be scared of", Choubey said.
Amid reports of 17 deaths caused by the terrible Nipah virus in Kerala, Union Minister of State for Health Ashwini Choubey on Saturday said that the disease has been contained and that no fresh cases were reported thereafter.
Earlier on June 4, the state health department had declared that apart from the 18 positive cases, no new cases were reported. "Our entire team is there in the place where the virus has been reported". The virus has been contained even in Kerala. Schools in Kerala had reopened after the two-month summer vacation on June 1 but this was postponed to June 12 in Kozhikode, Malappuram and some adjacent areas of Kozhikode district in the context of the virus scare. Nipah has claimed 17 lives so far in the two northern Kerala districts.
Antoine Griezmann refuses to clarify where he will play next season
The media gathered at France's World Cup base in Russian Federation to attend a press conference, at which Griezmann would be speaking.
The virus struck at Kozhikode which saw 13 people dying, while three deaths were reported from nearby Malappuram district, and more than 2,000 patients with fever was kept under close observation. "There is no need to run away from anywhere", Choubey said. The minister said that the expert cell, opened to monitor the day-to-day situation in the district would be closed on June 15, but the district collector and the district medical officer would continue the coordination in this regard.
The total number of Nipah deaths is considered as 17 because the blood and body fluid samples of Sabith (26), the first person to die with Nipah symptoms, had not been subjected to analysis.
"There is no need for the general public to be apprehensive about the safety of individuals and their family members".