Eight people have been injured in an attack on a busy bus in the northern German city of Luebeck.
The incident occurred on a city bus in Luebeck, near the Baltic coast and northeast of Hamburg, on Friday afternoon.
The Nachrichten reported at least 14 people were wounded, two seriously. The attack took place at 1.47 p.m. local time (1147 GMT).
While neither the motive nor full identity of the perpetrator had last night been established, attorney general Ulla Hingst said: "Nothing can be ruled out, including a terrorist background".
The local Luebecker Nachrichten, without citing its source, said the attacker was originally from Iran who now had German nationality and had lived in Luebeck for years.
Trump planning to invite Putin to Washington this fall: White House
He served in the House in the 1980s and the Senate in the 1990s and 2010s and was the USA ambassador to Germany from 2001 to 2005. He said when he has frustrating days, he reminds himself about why he agreed to accept the job and what he hoped to accomplish.
A number of people have been hurt in the bus attack in Northern Germany.
Schleswig-Holstein police said no-one was killed in the attack and confirmed the suspect was in custody.
A police vehicle which happened to be close by was able to get to the scene quickly, allowing officers to detain the perpetrator, added the report. Police said many witnesses had already left the scene before they could speak with them.
No motive has been ascertained for the attack.
Video surveillance footage from the bus led to suspicion that he wanted to set fire to the vehicle, thereby injuring as many people as possible and potentially killing some. She said the weapon that the assailant apparently used was a knife, but that is still under investigation.