Thailand cave rescue: All boys, coach successfully rescued

Thailand cave rescue: All boys, coach successfully rescued

Thailand cave rescue: All boys, coach successfully rescued

A helicopter delivered the boys and their coach to Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital in Chiang Rai, the closest city to the cave complex, where the 12 boys and their coach were reunited on a dedicated floor.

"It is with great sadness that I confirm that Harry's dad passed away last night a short time after the successful rescue operation in Thailand", MedSTAR's director of clinical services Dr Andrew Pearce said.

Thirteen foreign cave diving experts and five Thai Navy rescuers joined the first operation on Sunday that brought out four boys from the cave. "We would love to welcome the team from Wild Boars Football Club and their rescuers to Old Trafford this coming season", the club tweeted.

Another four were rescued on Monday and the last four boys and the coach were brought out on Tuesday.

"I was surrounded by hundreds of volunteers that have been helping out with the rescue and when that final word came that all the boys had been rescued, the place erupted", Reason added.

According to NBC News, the twelve boys, ages 11 to 16, and their 25-year old coach entered the caves two weeks ago but were trapped after rain caused flooding.

During the rescue operations, a former Thai Navy SEAL diver died after he ran out of oxygen in a flooded area of the cave on Friday while trying to prepare the escape route.

An Australian Defence Force spokesman said Dr Harris, who made key assessments of the 12 boys on Saturday to greenlight the rescue operation, would not be speaking to the media.

Despite all the risks associated with the rescue, she says she never had any doubt that the boys would all make it out.

Drake Breaks The Beatles Record with Seven Simultaneous Top 10 Songs
" Drake has seven songs in the top 10 of Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously, beating the Beatles" record of five that had stood since 1964.

"Fifa's priority remains the health of everyone involved in the operation and we will look into finding a new opportunity to invite the boys to a Federation Internationale de Football Association event to share with them a moment of communion and celebration", a spokesman said.

For the first half of the journey back, the boys were forced to wade or dive through flooded passes for as much as 10 to 15 minutes underwater at a time.

Tests on the first two groups rescued found no infection with any risky disease, the health inspector-general said.

"The kids are footballers so they have high immune systems", Jedsada Chokdumrongsuk, permanent secretary at the Public Health Ministry, told a news conference. The first eight boys were able to communicate, but they remain on bed rest with the others.

Thailand's Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said the boys were given mild anti-anxiety medication before they swam through the tunnel complex in order to help them relax.

They're all likely to stay the hospital for seven days due to their weakened immune systems, Chokedamrongsook said.

Authorities mulled ideas such as drilling holes into the mountain or waiting months until monsoon rains ended and they could walk out, with the rescue chief at one point dubbing the efforts to save them "Mission Impossible".

President Donald Trump congratulated the Thai SEALs on Twitter.

Latest News