The Official Gazette said 18,632 people have been sacked including 8,998 police officers and 6,152 military personnel.
This month is expected to cancel the two-year state of emergency imposed after the coup attempt in July 2016.
Government officials have indicated that the emergency could be declared over as early as Monday.
Human rights defenders including Amnesty International have lambasted the purges as arbitrary but Turkey says they are necessary to remove the Gulen movement's infiltration of state bodies.
The current parliamentary system will end under constitutional changes approved in a referendum past year. Erdogan has hinted it may be lifted.
Turkey has been under a state of emergency since shortly after the July 2016 coup attempt.
Duchess of Sussex stuns in Dior dress at RAF Centenary
The Duchess of Sussex looked elegant and chic as she arrived at Westminster Abbey for the Royal Air Force Centenary service. Tourists can follow in Harry and Meghan's footsteps by visiting the GAA museum and taking a stadium tour.
Turkey declared a state of emergency following the failed coup attempt on July 15, 2018, organized by the followers of FETÖ and its US -based leader Fethullah Gülen that resulted in the deaths of almost 250 people and more than 2,200 injuries.
Also, 3,077 personnel from the land forces command, 1,126 from the naval forces command, and 1,949 from the air force command were ousted from the Turkish army.
The decree also said 148 employees who were previously sacked had been reinstated. The majority of those fired under the emergency are accused of links to Gulen.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan takes office today as Turkey's executive president with vastly expanded powers as more than 18,600 people are purged from government jobs.
The PKK is blacklisted as a terrorist group by Ankara, the European Union and the United States.
Some 1,052 civil servants and 199 academics were also among those dismissed, and at least three newspapers, a television channel and 12 associations were shut down.