Second shark attack in Whitsundays in 24 hours

Second shark attack in Whitsundays in 24 hours

Second shark attack in Whitsundays in 24 hours

The incident occurred within 24 hours of an attack on a Tasmanian women in the same area.

Rescuers were called to Cid Harbour at Whitsunday Island, near the Great Barrier Reef, on Thursday afternoon and found the girl with bad leg injuries, said Tracey Eastwick, the regional ambulance operations manager.

Justine Barwick was attacked in the Whitsundays by a shark on Wednesday.

In a series of tweets, RACQ Rescue confirmed it had sent the rescue helicopter to Cid Harbour to retrieve the victim.

Hadock said he treated Barwick before a helicopter crew winched her to safety and flew her to Mackay hospital, where a spokeswoman said Barwick is in critical condition.

In January 2006, 21-year-old Sarah Whiley was mauled by a trio of bull sharks, who attacked her in waist-deep water at Amity Point, north Stadbroke Island.

Meghan Markle Is Part of a New Cookbook Project
Doria Ragland popped up in London to help her daughter mark the launch of the new cookbook " Together: Our Community Kitchen". ITV's royal editor Chris Ship was at the event and said the Doria introduced herself by saying: "I'm Meg's mum".

She would likely have bled to death from a severe wound to her left thigh without the quick-thinking actions of people in nearby boats.

"We actually didn't have to do anything with the leg, it was pretty much tourniqueted up, bandaged up and bleeding had stopped".

Ms Barwick works for non-profit Family Based Care in Burnie and had travelled to the Whitsundays on a holiday with her husband Craig and friends.

She arrived at the Mackay hospital about 8pm on Wednesday after the helicopter stopped at Proserpine to pick up blood and to refuel.

The Whitsunday Islands are popular swimming destinations in Queensland, particularly with tourists who flock in droves during the warmer months.

"That sounds like Justine to me".

Latest News