Man dies of 'brain-eating amoeba' at surf resort in Texas

Tragedy Waco Tank closed as CDC tests for “brain eating amoeba.”
 By Chas Smith
6 hours ago

Tragedy Waco Tank closed as CDC tests for “brain eating amoeba.” By Chas Smith 6 hours ago

The surf resort has closed pending the test results from the CDC, he said.

It causes the nervous-system infection primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) by traveling up a person's nostrils and into their brain, but can not be transmitted if a person swallows water contaminated with the bug.

Stabile reportedly had days of severe headaches until he eventually couldn't move or speak properly.

"Even so, this drug is not easily accessible". "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Stabile family".

In a statement it said: "CDC is testing water samples for Naegleria fowleri and will be working with the health department on recommendations to provide the facility on how to reduce potential exposures".

BSR Cable Park owner Stuart E. Parsons Jr. told The Associated Press that the park is closed and is cooperating with the investigation into Stabile's death.

"Our hearts and prayers are with his family, friends, and the New Jersey surf community during this hard time", the owner of BSR Cable Park, Stuart Parsons, told the Waco Tribune-Herald.

I'm A Victim Of Sexual Assault
Conway said she had "just had it" with what, echoing Kavanaugh, she said were politically motivated accusations. Conway added: "I don't expect Judge Kavanaugh or Jake Tapper or Jeff Flake to be held responsible for that".

He subsequently died of the infection on September 16, according to a GoFundMe page set up to help create a foundation in his honor and to raise awareness of the rare but preventable infection. It can also be found in in soil. It most commonly enters the body through the nose, where it travels to the brain causing primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM).

PAM is nearly always fatal.

Between 1962 and 2017, there have been 143 known infected individuals reported in the United States - 139 have died, and four have survived.

Symptoms include headache, fever, nausea or vomiting and come on within one to nine days after infection, the CDC said. Infections usually occur when it is hot for prolonged periods of time, which results in higher water temperatures and lower water levels.

The infection is very rare, as about 35 cases have been reported in the U.S.in the last decade, officials said.

However, people will not be infected by Naegleria fowleri by drinking contaminated water.

Latest News