The surfer who passed away was Fabrizio "Fab" Stabile from New Jersey.
Stabile, whose family said he was an avid outdoorsman who loved to surf, had been at the park on vacation.
Fabrizio "Fab" Stabile, 29, of Ventnor, N.J., died September 21 - five days after complaining of a severe, sudden headache. He died at a hospital in Atlantic City on September 21.
In rare cases, the amoeba has been found in inadequately chlorinated swimming pools and even tap water.
Kelly Craine, Waco-McLennan County Public Health District spokesperson said, "The CDC collected water samples and are now investigating to find the source".
Nobel Medicine Prize awarded to duo for cancer research
Writing on his cancer centre's website, Allison said he was "honoured and humbled to receive this prestigious recognition". The discoveries by Allison, 70, and Honjo, 76, "absolutely paved the way for a new approach to cancer treatment", Dr.
Naegleria fowleri is a microscopic amoeba which is a single-celled living organism.
The water park has been temporarily closed pending an investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
According to the CDC, Naegleria fowleri infections are rare, with just 34 reported between 2008 and 2017.
Infection typically occurs when people go swimming or diving in warm freshwater places, like lakes and rivers. Once the amoeba enters the nose, it travels to the brain where it causes PAM, which is usually fatal.
The infection, which can cause a deadly infection called primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, usually occurs when contaminated water enters a person's nose, the CDC said. The organizations statistics indicate that since 1962 there have been 143 confirmed cases, of which only four people survived.
Parsons said his resort's wave pool is in compliance with the CDC's "guidelines and recommendations concerning Naegleria fowleri".