Student dies after eating leftover pasta warmed up in microwave

Professor Bernard claims AJ's death was the result of food poisoning from Bacillus Cereus combined with an "overdose" of stomach medicines causing AJ's liver to fail.

The young man, known as AJ, was found unresponsive after eating leftover spaghetti that had not been refrigerated.

He was found dead next morning at 11:00 am by his parents.

A USA professor, who identifies himself only as Bernard and claims to be a clinical adjunct professor from the University of IL, discussed AJ's case in one of his medical videos on his YouTube channel.

According to Dr Bernard, who looked into the freaky story on his Youtube channel, AJ put the bowl of stale food in the microwave to heat it up and ate it for lunch, not realising it was five days old. The authors summarized the cause of his death as "a lethal intoxication case" following "the ingestion of pasta contaminated with Bacillus cereus".

In a YouTube clip, Dr. Bernard, a licensed provider based in the USA confirmed that the spoiled pasta had shut down the student's liver.

Dr Bernard says in the video: "AJ is an otherwise healthy 20-year-old man".

Apples next-gen, low-cost iPad may skip Face ID
There are also references to four new iPads, these are listed as the iPad 11,1, iPad 11,2, iPad 11,3 and iPad 11,4. He also speculated that the in-code mentions concern an upcoming 9.7in slate and an iPad Mini 5 .

The pasta and sauce he consumed were found to have been filled with toxins from the deadly bacteria, which led to the liver failure that caused his death, according to Belgium's National Reference Laboratory for Food-borne Outbreaks.

This is important because sometimes food can be tainted without smelling or looking spoiled.

"B. cereus produces two types of toxins - emetic (vomiting) and diarrhoeal - causing two types of illness". Which points us to the final answer of AJ's case. "But tragic cases like this one have been reported in literature", he said.

The pasta was left unrefrigerated for five days, according to the Journal of Clinical Microbiology. "If the food smells amusing, it's always better to be safe than sorry", he said.

'I don't know why anyone would leave perishable food in the kitchen for 5 days and think it's okay to still eat it, ' said added. It has been viewed more than 1.9 million times.

FoodSafety.gov said that Bacillus cereus can contaminate a wide range of foods, "particularly rice and leftovers, as well as sauces, soups, and other prepared foods that have sat out too long at room temperature".

It advises people to store cooked food in a wide, shallow container and to refrigerate it as soon as possible.

Latest News