Initial reports suggest that numerous children trapped in fire panicked and jumped as fire engines battled the blaze. "The operation to douse the fire is on", said a fire official. "Many others were injured and shifted to a hospital", Patel said.
Coaching classes at the centre were run in a shade built on the top floor of the building, he said, adding that they "will check if the construction was illegal". The exact number of people, who were trapped at the building is unclear, yet at least 120 students were registered for the class, according to local media.
The primary reports state that the fire was caused due to short circuit and spread rapidly engulfing the entire building. Several students had to jump off floors to save their lives, after a fire broke out on Friday afternoon, news agency PTI reported. CM has also declared financial help of Rs 4 lakh each to the families of children who died in this incident.
UNESCO says AI voices being largely female reinforces sexist stereotypes
Siri? Well, Siri is a female Scandinavian name that typically translates to, "Beautiful woman who leads you to victory" in Norse. Amazon released something similar past year to encourage polite behavior when talking to Alexa.
The authorities of the Surat Municipal Corporation were inquiring whether the building had taken the statutory permission, including regarding fire safety.
"The rescue operation has ended and 15 people have died", the spokesman said. "May the injured recover quickly, I've asked the Gujarat govt & local authorities to provide all possible assistance to those affected".
An inquiry into the incident has been ordered and a report is expected within three days, said the spokesman for the office of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.