The American victims include Robert Wallace, who was sickened in April after drinking a scotch from a minibar at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, according to his niece. Dominican authorities also ruled his death was due to pulmonary edema and a heart attack.
The Argentinian is understood to have continued his holiday elsewhere on the island.
The sister of Yvette Monique Short told a Philadelphia television station that the 51-year-old died last June at the Bahia Principe after having a drink from the minibar in her room. The three other tourists died several weeks after Wallace.
Five days later, Maryland couple Edward Nathaniel Holmes, 63 and Cynthia Day, 49, were found unresponsive in their hotel room at the same resort.
The families are now looking for answers.
"We have so many questions", Arnold said. The 67-year-old, who owned a construction business, had reportedly taken a scotch from the room's minibar before he became nauseous. "He had blood in his urine and stool right afterward".
Arnold said a hotel doctor later checked on Wallace and determined on April 13 that he needed to go to the hospital. On April 14, Wallace ultimately died. Arnold said her uncle was in good health and had just gone skiing in Lake Tahoe a month prior.
New Information About Hudson Valley Fire Chief's Fatal Crash
McCormack was the only fatality reported from the crash on top of the 750-foot AXA Equitable building in Midtown Manhattan. Weather is one of the factors being investigated. "Should the helicopter have been flying? I do not know yet", he said.
"We were either going to lose all our money or we were going to get to go somewhere else".
The U.S. State Department confirmed Sport's death to Fox News, saying in an email: "Ms. Sport passed away at a different Bahia Principe hotel in Punta Cana, approximately 50 miles from the Nueva Romana hotels". We offer our sincerest condolences to the family for their loss. Out of respect for the family during this hard time, we do not have additional information to provide.
Awilda Montes, from New York, US, believes the 7-Up she drank at the Luxury Bahia Principe Bouganville resort, in the Dominican Republic, contained bleach.
Essentially, this means that the last three months have seen 60 more reported illnesses on the island than in the entire year of 2018.
"When all these people started passing, I stopped and thought to myself, 'How can all these people have the same cause of death as David?' " she told The Washington Post. "I immediately felt it burn me, burn my mouth, burn my tongue". My mouth was on fire. "When I spit it out in bathroom sink it was blood".